The City of Hesston has established a Housing Incentive Program for new housing aimed at encouraging growth within the city limits of Hesston, Kansas. A grant of $1,000 will be given to any qualified homebuyer or investors at the time of closing for a new, single family or duplex residential property within the city limits. In order to qualify the buyer must enter into a contract with a realtor, developer or contractor. Eligible homes may be site built or modular constructed to the International Building Code 2012 on a permanent foundation or basement. All contractors must be licensed by the City of Hesston. The grants will be on a first come first serve basis until the monies are expended.
- The applicant must be a qualified home buyer who enters into a contract with a licensed builder, realtor and/or a developer during the designated time period.
- A copy of the contract shall be attached to the application along with a loan approval by a qualified lender.
- A building permit must be purchased and issued.
- All construction shall be performed by contractors licensed by the City of Hesston.
- Periodic inspections must be performed as required by city code for a building permit.
- A certificate of occupancy must be issued by the building inspector.
- Download the Housing Incentive application (pdf) and submit to City Hall at 115 E Smith St, Hesston
- Pickup the application from City Hall at 115 E Smith St, Hesston
- Call the City Clerk at (620) 327-4412 if you have unanswered questions
Builder Interest Incentives
Builders see our Affordable Spec Home Builder Interest Incentives (pdf) application.