Parks and Recreation
Build, maintain and enhance sustainable parks and facilities which promote healthy lifestyle choices and enhance the quality of life for all Hesston citizens.
Golf Park: 520 Yost Dr One of the premier 18 hole golf courses in the region. Far from your typical municipal daily-fee golf experience. Offering immaculate playing conditions, GPS equipped golf carts, a full-service golf shop, food, a practice facility equipped with an Indoor Learning Center and V1 Swing Analysis Software. This course is immaculate and stands above the rest. Find out more at HesstonGolf.com.
King Park: 500 N Ridge Rd This is our largest city park other than the municipal golf course. It is located on the Southeast corner of the intersection of Lincoln Boulevard and Ridge Road and features a large enclosed shelter house, several open shelters, outdoor grills, and lots of play equipment for different ages.
Click here for more information on the enclosed shelter house, and to rent it.
- Skate Park: Located South of the enclosed shelter house. An intermediate skate park for ages 5-12... and beyond!
- Spray Park: Located South of the enclosed shelter house. This spray park is full of low impact spray water features for children of ages 5-12. Open 9:00 am - 9:00 pm during the summer. Touch the sunflower to activate water.
- Volleyball Court: Located on the East side of the enclosed shelter house. Features a lighted sand court.
Find out more information on the enclosed shelter house, and to rent it.
- Pickle Ball Court: Located in Heritage Park. Sign up for the Pickleball Court here.
- Volleyball Court: Located on the East side of the enclosed shelter house.
- Basketball Court: Small Court located on the South side of Children's Park
Hickory Park: 400 E Hickory St Located on the northeast corner of the intersection of South Ridge Road and East Hickory Street. It features an open shelter, outdoor grill, and play area.
Emma Creek Park: 830 E Hickory St Located on the South side of the Hesston Municipal Golf Park and fronts on Hickory along Emma Creek which lies East of the intersection of East Hickory and Old 81 Highway. It features an open shelter and play area.
Dog Park: 505 W Lincoln Blvd Located on the East side of the city maintenance shop. It may be accessed 700 feet west of the intersection of Lincoln Blvd and Old 81 Highway. It features two separate areas for dogs to run and play.
Interstate Park: 9226 N Ridge Rd This park lies on the East side of I-135 between Lincoln Blvd. and Ridge Road. It must be accessed on the gravel entrance road just North of the overpass over the interstate on Ridge Road. It features a rustic picnic setting.
- Archery Range: With 9 targets with varying degrees of difficulty
- 9 Hole Disc Golf Course: Mach 3 baskets, Deluxe color tee signs at each hole, and a balance of short and long holes
- Fishing Pond: Small pond located in Interstate Park