INFORMATION ON CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a respiratory disease. COVID-19 was first identified in an outbreak in Wuhan, China, but has spread to dozens of countries, including the United States.
It is important to be informed of COVID-19's potential continued spread nationally and globally, as well as to take preparedness steps for yourself.
Ways to limit the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue.
- Avoid contact with those who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- If you have symptoms that include fever, cough, or shortness of breath – call your doctor’s office.
- Practice Social Distancing to limit exposure.
- Call 911 in the event of a medical emergency.
The Harvey County Health Department, in conjunction with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, continues to monitor information regarding COVID-19. More information can be found on the following websites:
Kansas Department of Health and Environment: http://www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus/index.htm
Harvey County Health Department: https://www.harveycounty.com/departments/health-department/coronavirus.html
To encourage limiting public and staff exposure to the virus, we are encouraging residents to make city payments via the following methods:
- Utility and Court payments can be made online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/hesstonks
- Call into City Hall at 620-327-4412 with a credit card. Your credit card information is not saved and will be destroyed after the transaction is processed.
- Sign up for Automatic Payments. The ACH form is available at www.hesstonks.org – Document Center – General Information – Utility Information
- Place your payment in an envelope in the secure drop box in the cul-de-sac in front of City Hall.
- Mail payments to Hesston City Hall P.O. Box 100 Hesston, KS 67062